Himalayan Yog Ashram's aim is to create a space for inner growth.
Respect, safety, ethical behaviour and trust are building stones for this environment.
Therefor to honor our guidelines is important.
- HYA is an Ashram, so please maintain an atmosphere of quietude, and respect for the environment both inside and outside of your room.
- Use energy resources sparingly - lights, water, etc. Be aware of switching of heaters/ AC/ fans by leaving the room. India has a shortage of water and power resources. Please consume less.
- You are expected to follow the daily program and remain silent on requested timings.
- Guests are responsible for their own medical and health care.
- HYA cannot be held liable for any accidents, injuries or thefts during the stay in the ashram
- Children below 18 years are not allowed
- Tobacco, alcohol, non-prescription drugs, meat, fish and eggs are NOT allowed while staying in the Ashram. Using any drugs or alcohol during your stay is strictly prohibited also outside the ashram.
- Use of mobile phones or laptops is not allowed in the Ashram.
- Candles, incense, mosquito coils etc. should not be burned unattended in rooms or any other place in the ashram due to fire hazard.
- HYA reserves the right to use pictures taken during the course and activities for its records and promotional purposes.
- By not following the rules and regulations HYA has the right to expel guests from the ashram.
IMPORTANT TO REALIZE:
- The ashram is for motivated persons who want to work on them selves and are serious for their spiritual development. Therefor following any ashram program iis really different than practicing yoga at a yoga-retreat / detoxing in a SPA.
- Excellent reviews on Tripadvisor come from people who worked really hard on themselves, who came with little expectations, open mind and ability to follow the discipline.
- The Tripadvisor reviews can be a help but also misleading in creating high expectations. If you will come like that it can easy be a disappointing experience because it’s the amount of effort one puts in that will give fruits at the end.
- The staff is there to guide you but will not take responsibility for your personal progress and will not be able to do any miracles.
- We are selective before giving reservations/accommodations.
- Minimum 1 year of Yoga and meditation practice is required.
- We prefer yoga sadhaks who are serious for their growth and willing to work on themselves
- You will be more then welcome if your heart is willing to learn more about Yogic Life Style and discipline
- Cancellation up till 30 days before your arrival day: A credit-note will be issued for the unused deposit that may be applied towards another program at the ashram. This credit-note is good for one year from the date of issue.
- Cancellation shorter than 30 days before arrival day: deposit fee is non refundable and no credit – note is issued.